Changes to Rents and Service Charges

Icon 200 x 200 px

From the 1st April 2017 some rent and service charges will be changing. If your rent or service charge is due to change, you should have received a letter from Crown Simmons Housing detailing the changes.

Please remember to update your payment method.  You can find a list of ways to pay your rent on our ‘Ways to pay your rent page’, found here: Ways to pay your rent

Please remember it is your responsibility to inform the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) of any changes to your rent or circumstances.

Housing Benefit

If you get housing benefit, you can ask them to pay us direct.  You remain responsible for your rent, and you are responsible for any arrears, shortfall or non-payment.  You must inform the Council and Crown Simmons immediately if your circumstances change.

Universal Credit

If you receive Universal Credit (UC), you must pay your rent from this directly to Crown Simmons each month. Please make sure you have paid the full rentYou must inform the DWP immediately if your circumstances change.

If you’re struggling to pay your rent or service charges you may find some useful information on the following pages:


Scroll to Top