The Iris Simmons Community Award recognises the work of former Mayor of Elmbridge and Crown Simmons Housing Founder, Iris Simmons, in improving housing conditions and the well-being of older people in Elmbridge, before her death in 2013.
This is the 3rd year of the award and Crown Simmons Housing is teaming up with Elmbridge Borough Council and additional sponsors to offer a funding pot of £1,500. The main aim of this funding is to support Older People within Elmbridge. We welcome applications from any organisation with an aim to support older people with a link to housing. Examples of the types of initiatives this award could fund include:
- Reducing social isolation
- Enabling IT access (training in the home)
- Improving Health in the home (nutrition and hydration)
- Funding to support a club to undertake outings/social events
- A special project/ equipment / general community initiative to support older people
If you would like to apply, please complete an application form by 6th July 2018. Application forms are available from:
Many thanks to our sponsors, Cyan IT Solutions, Gilmartins and Cleanscapes.