If you want to make changes to your home
If you’d like to make changes to your property you must first seek permission from Crown Simmons Housing by completing the following form.
The following must be included in your application:
- A detailed description of the works as carried out, including sketch plans and specifications if appropriate, sufficient to identify clearly the items that are the tenant/leaseholders own responsibility
- Copies of all consents, permissions, certificates, and guarantees, etc.
This permission does not alter or reduce in any way the obligations of the tenant/leaseholder as defined in the tenancy agreement/lease document.
Request for Alterations
All residents must fill in this form if they wish to make changes to their property. This form will then be forwarded to their Scheme or Neighbourhood Manager for approval.
- All work must be completed to the full satisfaction of Crown Simmons.
- Under this permission the tenant/leaseholder will be solely responsible for any damage caused by the works or any public or third party liability arising there from.
- The tenant/leaseholder will be solely responsible for any future maintenance to any alterations or works carried out under this permission, including any fixtures, fittings or appliances which the tenant/leaseholder has provided and/or installed.
- The fixtures, fittings or appliances installed will become Crown Simmons’ fixtures on vacation of the premises at the end of the tenancy/lease.
- Fixtures removed by outgoing tenants/leaseholders and being reinstated by Crown Simmons Housing will be charged to the tenant/leaseholder at the prices ruling at that date.
- It must be understood that no financial responsibility whatsoever falls upon Crown Simmons Housing in respect of any works or alterations carried out under this permission.
- The tenant/leaseholder will be solely responsible for any additional costs incurred by Crown Simmons Housing whilst Crown Simmons are carrying out any maintenance, improvement, or alteration works, if such additional costs are caused by reason of the works carried out under this permission.
- Crown Simmons Housing reserves the right to reinstate the premises, in all or in part, to the standard layout and fittings, upon termination of the tenancy/lease. All costs of such reinstatement shall be the tenants/leaseholders responsibility. The extent of any reinstatement will be at the discretion of Crown Simmons.
- This permission is Crown Simmons Housing’s permission only and does not exempt the tenant/leaseholder from their obligations under the Building Regulations, Town and Country Planning Act, or any other licensing or consent requirement.
- Applications must be made by the tenant/leaseholder and consents obtained from all relevant authorities before works commence. The tenant/leaseholder is to bear all of the costs incurred in this respect.
The proposed works must not cause nuisance to any neighbour or third party nor impinge on the use of any adjoining property. This shall apply both during the course of the works and when they are completed.
Failure to comply with these conditions will result in the tenant/leaseholder being charged the full cost of any reinstatement work or additional work considered necessary by Crown Simmons Housing.
If the works are not carried out within six months then permission expires and a new application is to be made to Crown Simmons Housing if the proposed works are to be executed.
When the works have been completed please notify Crown Simmons so that an inspection of the finished works can be arranged.
If relevant certificates have not been sent they must be ready on date of inspection together with a breakdown of cost of any such improvements made.
- Administration of simple applications: £40
- Administration of complex alterations: £80
- Each inspection that is necessary over what is allocated in the above administration costs: £30
If you have any questions about your request for permission to make an alteration to your property, please contact the Property & Assets Manager whose details can be found on our Staff page by clicking here: Our Staff