3-Bedroom Family Homes for Surrey Police Officers and Staff Available to Rent Across Surrey.

We have more properties to rent across Surrey from Autumn 2018.




Who will be my landlord?

Your landlord will be Crown Simmons Housing.  Crown Simmons will manage the property and you will pay rent to us.

What type of tenancy will I have?

You will have an Assured Shorthold tenancy for an initial fixed term of 1 year.  After 1 year this will become a rolling monthly periodic tenancy.

Will I need to pay a deposit?

Employees of Surrey Police will not have to pay a deposit.

I am single.  Can I apply for a property?

Any employee of Surrey Police can apply for housing with Crown Simmons.  However all the properties are 3 bedroom houses so priority will be given to families.

How long can I stay in the property?

Crown Simmons has leased the properties for 5 years from 2018.  As long as you do not breach your tenancy agreement you will be able to live in the property until 2023.  If the lease is renewed for a further term you may be able to stay in the property longer.

What happens after 5 years if the lease is not renewed?

We will keep you informed regarding the lease and will let you know as soon as possible if it is not being renewed. If the lease is not being renewed we will give you 6 months notice that you will be required to leave the property.

How do I pay my rent?

Rent is due monthly on the 1st of every month.  You will need to set up a standing order or direct debit to pay Crown Simmons Housing each month.

If your tenancy starts in the middle of the month you will need to pay a pro rata payment for the first month.  We will tell you how much to pay when you sign the tenancy.

Who is responsible for repairs?

Some repairs will be the responsibility of the tenant (you) and some will be the responsibility of Crown Simmons.  More details on who is responsible for repairs and how to report them can be found here.

If I stop working for Surrey Police will I have to leave the property?

Yes.  The properties are specifically for current employees of Surrey Police.  If you stop working for Surrey Police you will need to give notice and leave the property.  If you do not leave Crown Simmons Housing will serve you notice and apply to court for possession of your home.  You will be responsible for paying all the costs incurred.

How much notice do I have to give if I want to leave the property?

Under the terms of the tenancy agreement you have to give 1 month notice in writing to end the tenancy.  You cannot give notice to leave before the end of the fixed term (1 year).”

More Information

Further information on being a tenant of Crown Simmons Housing can be found here.

If you have any other questions about becoming a tenant of Crown Simmons Housing please contact us on 01372 461440 or email enquiries@crownsimmons.org.uk



Image not our own.

We have three, three-bedroom family homes available to rent for £1170 pcm.

The properties are located in Burpham, a suburb of Guildford. Burpham is a residential area near shops and restaurants, with excellent links to primary and secondary schools. The area has outstanding road links and is only a 20 minutes bus into Guildford Town Centre.









How to apply

If you would like to apply please complete the application form below. If you are a suitable applicant you will be notified regarding viewings.



More properties will become available across Surrey in December and January. Details of these properties and how to apply will be advertised soon. 

Comments are closed.
WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann